View Single Post
Old
02-02-2012, 03:43 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I kinda like the "second" line. Would make a nice "third" line if we had a top one. They all have some speed and even though none of them play great with others, it seems to cause issues for the other team and they can pounce on turnovers.

I do like Brodziak as he's a better skater than Koivu and can therefore buy a little more time for Heatley, but I can't imagine Koivu could get buried on the third line with say Powe and McMillan or something awful like that.
I think the things that are really making the lines click right now are the divided talent (teams focus on Heatley, but the second line burns them, then focus on the second line and Heatley burns them) and the Johnson-Heatley combination.

Anyone have the stats on the defense for the past 3 games though? I wonder how big of an impact the Schultz-Spurgeon and Falk-Prosser pairings are having.

I think we could see a return of Wellman and McIntyre, with Rau, Ortmeyer, and either McMillan or Kassian going back down. That could give us this lineup:

Johnson-Brodziak-Heatley
McIntyre-Koivu-Wellman
Setoguchi-Cullen-Clutterbuck
Powe-Peters-Kassian

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote