Thread: Zidlicky injury
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake
But from what Handtrick is saying...I think that it's not an injury that would heal in a couple of days, but would require a 4 to 6 week period of immobilization to heal properly. Unfortunately, I just don't think he'll get the opportunity to let the thumb heal right now and will have to "tape it up and play".

Handtrick, is this type of injury going to "flare up" again throughout the season and cause Zidlicky to miss potentially more games? I'm a little concerned especially with him playing in the Olympics.
Yes, potentially.....but could be limited, to some degree, by having him completely immobilized the whole time he is not playing, then while he is playing using a splint, under the glove, but with obvious limitations to his ability to stickhandle and shoot depending on which hand it was.

I wish the game was on TV tonight, so I could watch him to see if there are shots of him with his glove off to see which hand it is and how they are treating it, how he shoots, how he stickhandles, etc.....to give me a better idea as to the injury's significance.