View Single Post
Old
02-02-2012, 10:34 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
What's interesting is that the Rangers could find themselves as buyers AND sellers this deadline. When the market is established (cost for players, and just who is available) if Wolski and Woywitka play well in the conditioning assignment (mostly Woywitka, I don't know how many teams will take a flier on WW at that salary) they may be moved for picks.

I could really see Woywitka getting moved to a bubble team for a draft pick, rather than being packaged to a team that is out of the race and looking to add more youth instead of a vet guy like Woywitka. Even it's just a 4th round pick or later, I think it's something Sather would explore.

Would love to see the Rangers add a big shot from the point for the PP, but I don't know who would sit when/if Sauer returns from his injury (obviously Bickel is first guy out). Could always explore the possibility of dressing 7 dmen, though I don't think we've seen Torts do that once since taking over as Rangers head coach.

Gotta believe Sather's focus is on adding a top 6 LWer who will add to the chemistry of this team, maybe not the most skilled guy in the world (which is a shame) but a guy who can play Torts hockey and contribute a bit offensively. I still think the Rangers will have trouble in the playoffs if they can't add some offensive flare to the lineup, especially with the power play going as it is now, more often than not giving the other team the momentum off a big kill.

Either way, 25 days away...can't wait.