02-03-2012, 07:05 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Smyth wants to be a Ranger

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1lJYeUAmZ

Well placed source. Newport Sports. Brooks has a good relationship with them. Sean Avery's agency.

Surprising Smyth is willing to waive. If he wants to play for the Rangers and only the Rangers,its Rangers or nothing for Edmonton.
Makes perfect sense to me, but then I did have Smyth to the Rangers as part of my predictions in the 5th edition of this thread, I believe.

If big guns like Ryan won't be moved till the summer, if the Yotes won't move Doan or Whitney, and if the price for Ruutu is a first round pick and more (ridiculous), then Smyth is a great fit for the Rangers. The cost will be low because the Oilers will take whatever they can get, especially if he is only willing to waive for 1-2 teams, and Smyth solves at least some of the Rangers problems for the rest of this season. Makes sense that he'd waive to come here, too. He wants a ring, and the Rangers are a contender in the weaker conference.

And then he can go back to EDM as a free agent. Or maybe even stay here on a cheap deal to end his career. Either way.