View Single Post
Old
01-09-2006, 03:35 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Well...my plan worked tonight. I was livid all week that the game wasn't going to be on TV...so I simply made sure I was busy and then started watching the Wings-Stars game (thank you Dallas, Hedberg looked a lot stronger than Turco) and the next thing I knew I was watching The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad and what not and totally forgot the game was even taking place. Thankfully when I turned on ESPNews for the score...it was right there on the ticker 5-1 victory for the Preds!

Glad to see Walker and Zidlicky return to the lineup. A little disappointed to see Upshall scratched, but believe that he will be better served in the long run by being sent to Milwaukee rather than bouncing in and out of the lineup. Mason gets the start and according to Perreault made some big saves early to keep the Preds in the game...so I'm glad to see he is back on track.

It concerns me that although we had the same number of power plays as Chicago tonight that we were outshot 35-21. That's been a theme all season, but 35-21 is a bit high IMO. I would have loved to SEE the game to know why there is such a difference. Another thing I noticed was that we were beat on faceoffs tonight (sorry, don't recall the numbers). That's a stat we've won for most of the season...so to win a game 5-1 that's a little surprising, but could account for some of the shot total discrepancies.

Regardless, glad to see us pickup the two points tonight and to watch the Wings blow a 3-0 lead and lose at home. Let's see if we can make it two in a row Tuesday when the Islanders come to town (last I checked both DiPietro and Snow were injured and Wade Dubiewielicz was starting. "Dubie" is a quality prospect and has been in the Islanders system the past few seasons playing in Bridgeport (AHL) out of college).