View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 09:09 AM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
I know many of you (rightfully) laughed at the obscene contract Buffalo gave Leino this offseason. But there is no way he was as putrid for you guys as he has been for Buffalo.

Speaking for myself and myself alone, the guy has to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched. For a guy who is supposed to be a possession player, how can it be that I cringe when he has the puck? He slows down to a snail's pace until he turns it over or stickhandles himself into the boards 99% of the time. His stat line is atrocious, he claims to have been, at one point, a center - yet he is a painful 4 for 466 on draws this year.

My question: how were these blatant flaws so seemingly "well masked" by the Flyers last year? Was it a case of him being buried on the depth chart? Even that is tough to buy, since his shortcomings are evident no matter the opposing matchup.

Did you see this level of horrendousness on the horizon? And furthermore, when he was playing his best hockey for you last year, could you venture a guess as to why (circumstantially?) that was the case? How can we maximize him?

Thanks in advance.
That face off stat is well off, he's 51 for 134 right now, no way was your stat ever right.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote