View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Samcanadian

vCash: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Noel et al. want to teach Burmistrov how to play the right way. Although I agree he does create alot of offense when given the right linemates, he also tends to negate that contribution with sloppy turnovers at the blueline and half-boards. There's been a good emphasis on puck possession with solid support, and I find Burmi really severs his support with his wild entries in the zone. For all his struggles, Fehr at least seems to be getting this concept, and is playing a more direct 'point A to point B' game that Burmi really needs to get better at.

Having said all that, burying him on the 4th line with Gagnon and Mittens is just a waste. At the very least, they should be shuffling him and Fehr in and out of that 2nd line spot.
Yeah, Burmi's young enough that whatever kind of additional coaching we can give him now in an NHL atmosphere will be way more beneficial down the line as he rounds into form with the rest of our lineup. I think Noel understands what this team is capable of right now but at the same time knows how much more they're capable of two years down the road if the foundation is laid.

I can't imagine how valuable Burmi will be to this team as a complete two-way player who can put the puck in the net. I don't mind burying a bit of his flash on 3rd-4th line this season as long as it's contributing to his long-term growth.