View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 11:23 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Why you such negative Nancy? I don't get it.
Because John Marks is what I said he is.

Here's an extra quote that didn't make the paper...courtesy Ryan Clark's blog himself...

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=1592

Quote:
On Bruce Boudreau:

“Bruce Boudreau won a championship in the East Coast League (ECHL) in Biloxi, but my record at that level is a lot better than his and he took over a team that was already established. I started with two teams from scratch not having a puck, and the one team won in our third year and the other in our fourth. We built those. Bruce went on and got the opportunity to the AHL, and a couple years later, the head coach got fired and he stepped in with young kids Washington brought up. He has some success, and at the same token, you saw what happened with him in Washington this year. He’s in Anaheim now where he hasn’t done much. I am not throwing Bruce under the bus, but I’ll match resumes with anyone – yet here you sit.”
A whole bunch of @#^& talk about Boudreau, when he's never even had a sniff at the AHL, let alone the NHL. Boudreau was one of the top coaches in the AHL from 01-07, earning his shot at the NHL with TWO clubs after. While Marks was in the ECHL/SPHL(lol)/IHL, including leading two teams to DEAD LAST in their league's records with Dayton and Pensacola in that same time period. I liked the line stating that his ECHL record was better than Bruce's, it's not Bruce's fault he didn't have to spend 2 decades in that league before people noticed how good of a coach he was.

Last edited by IkeaMonkey*: 02-03-2012 at 11:29 AM.