View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Tdoe42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Noel et al. want to teach Burmistrov how to play the right way. Although I agree he does create alot of offense when given the right linemates, he also tends to negate that contribution with sloppy turnovers at the blueline and half-boards. There's been a good emphasis on puck possession with solid support, and I find Burmi really severs his support with his wild entries in the zone. For all his struggles, Fehr at least seems to be getting this concept, and is playing a more direct 'point A to point B' game that Burmi really needs to get better at.

Having said all that, burying him on the 4th line with Gagnon and Mittens is just a waste. At the very least, they should be shuffling him and Fehr in and out of that 2nd line spot.
He is on the 4th line I agree but the minutes he is getting is far from being buried

http://jets.nhl.com/club/player.htm?...2&view=gamelog

This has too be a development tactic. Give him good minutes playing a defensive role and just wait for him to take over offensively until the club has no choice but too play him in a top 6 role.