View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Because John Marks is what I said he is.

Here's an extra quote that didn't make the paper...courtesy Ryan Clark's blog himself...

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=1592

A whole bunch of @#^& talk about Boudreau, when he's never even had a sniff at the AHL, let alone the NHL. Boudreau was one of the top coaches in the AHL from 01-07, earning his shot at the NHL with TWO clubs after. While Marks was in the ECHL/SPHL(lol)/IHL, including leading two teams to DEAD LAST in their league's records with Dayton and Pensacola in that same time period. I liked the line stating that his ECHL record was better than Bruce's, it's not Bruce's fault he didn't have to spend 2 decades in that league before people noticed how good of a coach he was.
So he is a bit bitter for not getting a call. Not the first coach or the last coach that will have gotten looked over. I for one like the guy. He is a great interview with a personality unlike so many robot type coaches these days. I hope he sticks with the Force for a couple more years if not longer but the way he has moved around I'm not holding my breath.