View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 11:42 AM
IMckay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Which you may be right, but there are a select few on the roster being given undeserved opportunities when Burmistrov has not.

Miettinen has been given PP time since he got here and has done nothing with it and yet once again was on the point for the man advantage last night.

Fehr has been given every opportunity possible and although he created a few chances last night in the 1st period, I saw nothing from him in the 2nd or 3rd and yet he is still given chances in the top 6.

We need to remember that this team scored 2 goals in 65 minutes last night and 1 goal in 65 minutes the night before, we could've just as easily lost these last 2 games and this board mentality would've been a lot different than it is right now. This is not a recipe for consistent success.

If they're going to preach hard work and putting everyone where they deserve then it needs to be done throughout the entire roster imo. I'm hoping what Guerzy said is right that they're trying to handle Burmi a la Seguin style which pays off in the end because right now he just looks out of sorts.
I agree you with about Mittens and Fehr. It sometimes annoys me seeing them get their chances instead of Burmi too. But I think we have to consider something: Mittens and Fehr are both guys that have huge question marks regarding their future with the Jets. Fehr is an RFA that we may not qualify if we don't see anything from him. Mittens was a free pickup that in the past has had some offensive capability (35+ pts last 4 seasons) but hasn't found anything here in Winnipeg. I think they are getting their opportunities now as a last-chance type thing to see if we can get anything from these guys before their fates are sealed.

With Burmi, there is no question that he is part of our future. He doesn't need to be given opportunities to see if he's worth keeping around. And I do think it's good for his development to really hone on the defensive side of the game first. Especially with his offensive creativity - we can take some time and let him develop and become a confident player at both ends of the rink. He's not going anywhere