View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMckay View Post
I agree you with about Mittens and Fehr. It sometimes annoys me seeing them get their chances instead of Burmi too. But I think we have to consider something: Mittens and Fehr are both guys that have huge question marks regarding their future with the Jets. Fehr is an RFA that we may not qualify if we don't see anything from him. Mittens was a free pickup that in the past has had some offensive capability (35+ pts last 4 seasons) but hasn't found anything here in Winnipeg. I think they are getting their opportunities now as a last-chance type thing to see if we can get anything from these guys before their fates are sealed.

With Burmi, there is no question that he is part of our future. He doesn't need to be given opportunities to see if he's worth keeping around. And I do think it's good for his development to really hone on the defensive side of the game first. Especially with his offensive creativity - we can take some time and let him develop and become a confident player at both ends of the rink. He's not going anywhere
If this is at all what is going through Noel's head about these decisions, he should be fired right ****ing now. Noel is the one making the decisions about who plays and with us still right in the playoff hunt, he needs to be putting the best team he possibly can out on the ice every night. Not worrying about guy's "last chances" or whatnot. If we are eliminated from playoffs, different story. Right now, best player plays, no questions asked.

Also, Mittens is not only signed for next season with a NTC, but at 1.5 million. Even if he does waive that NTC, we'd have to find somebody who wanted him at that price right now. I doubt he gets moved before next season.