View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 12:07 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
How are they developing? I'm especially interested Blake Kessel.

Chris?
Kessel is the one playing better than expected. He's really had to take over for Gustafsson, and though he isn't racking up points like Gustafsson did, it's still early in his pro career. He's less defensively sure than Gus was coming in, but he's just as dynamic. The thing that concerns me when comparing the two is that Gus always seemed more in control of things while Kessel seems to like to take more risks.

Lauridsen is steady but still sluggish.

Manning is the guy the organization really seems to like, but it's hard to get a read on him. He started the year hurt, and I don't think the after effects are completely gone. Plus he's another young guy comparatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
You have to be able to play the puck to stay in the NHL as a D man. Ask Ryan Parent
Parent made due honestly. He was decent with the puck (which is much better than Marshall was) and outstanding positionally. The problems for Parent came with injury. He lost a step, his control and, with that, his ability to develop into a solid shut-down defenseman.

Marshall is still young, but you can already tell he won't reach the height that Parent reached. Barring injury I don't think Marshall will ever hit the low Parent hit either.

Parent's story really is kind of depressing.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote