View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Tim Tebow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Hmm, so it's going to take Carter 300 shots (playing with below average playmakers) to reach 30 goals? Do you know who has 150 shots and 15 goals right now? Anze Kopitar. Adding another goal scorer on the level of Kopitar isn't going to scare anyone away.

As for you last point about Philly scoring being up and Columbus being down, that only works if you look at things in a vacuum.
Like pointed out in my other post playmakers don't help Carter. Philly tried him with numerous playmakers and none helped. Carter does not take slap shots or 1-timers.

Plus comparing Kopitar to Carter is laughable. Kopitar's a most more rounded player. Carter is a 1 dimensional player. He does not possess playmaking ability, he avoids contact, he will take shifts off. All he really does is get the puck and wrist it at the net. Occasionally he mixes it up with a backhand. That is really all Carter is.

I am not familiar with the vacuum remark. I am just saying if he was such a difference maker why is Columbus still a terrible offense and why is Philly still an elite offense? Aren't difference makers supposed to make a difference?