View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
I'm not really feeling Matt Read. He's a bit of fools gold to me. He's fast and skates hard, but I don't think he's got very good hands.
Kinda like Carter was(I don't see how carter scored 40+)..i don't really see him as a goal scorer...I'm seeing 3rd line winger ceiling...
I guess out of all the new guys I see him as the lowest asset.
He is on pace for a 56 point, 28 goal rookie season with his lines being shuffled like every other night.

I do not know many 56 point forwards I would consider third line wingers at best, let alone rookie 56 point forwards I would consider third line wingers.

Your talent analysis is really, really poor by the way. His hands are average more than likely actually above average. He has an above average shot, above average instincts, he is blazing fast, works hard, is excellent defensively.

I do not know what more you want out of a rookie undrafted free agent.

And about that subtle shot that you just took at Carter, I would be ecstatic if Read became another Carter (just without the choking in the clutch and the injury problems). I know we all hate Carter now and we are supposed to laugh at how bad we ripped Columbus off, but come on. The guy is a minimum thirty-thirty player when healthy while playing great two way hockey. Carter has really good hands and a really good shot.

I really do hope that Matt Read is "fools gold" just like Carter is in your mind. If Read puts up thirty goals a year, I could care less if he does not look like the most skilled player in the NHL or does not create highlight reel plays. A goal is a goal.