: Player Discussion:
Matt Read (thread started in 2011)
View Single Post
02-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Do any of you look the skill competitions?
Only jamie benn had a more accurate shot than this guy!
My scout report on him:
1. Fast as hell --> top20 in the league
2. Accurate and fast shooting --> top50 in the league
3. quick release ---> above average
4. really good defensive game overall ---> above average
5. good pk play ---> above average
6. very good hockey sense ---> above average
7. can play up and down the line up ---> above average
8. has great work ethic, never upset with coaches decisions ---> above average
9. passing game and playmaking ablities solid ---> average
10. Can play LW - C- RW ----> above average
11. Cap hit 900.000 ----> Top10 in terms of revenue
For me his upside is to be one of the best 2nd line winger in the league. Especially because of his flexibility positional and his all around game. I donīt see any weakness in his play. Maybe his size and his body work. But his physical game is better than average for his size, remainds me a bit of Giroux before his concussion.
IMO he will be a:
30+ G 30+ A 60 Points player with a lot of PK time. If he will play a lot of PP Time he will be more of a 35+ 35+ PLayer.
70 Points with a lot of PK time who can play throughout the whole lineup as emergency call is just priceless!!
Tell me one player who can do that in the whole NHL!!
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Ironmanrulez