View Single Post
Old
02-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Generic User
How's your burger?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantaa FI75 View Post
Yeah, this almost "bothers" me. A legend long ago played some guitar.. and still no one has surpassed him. SRV or Jeff Healey maybe came close. Sometimes I'm "almost bored" of Jimi because he's a legend and we've heard so many times everything he did again and again.

But got to admit, he does his thing better than anyone... . Modern guitarists are maybe cleaner or more technical, but overall performance, skill, soul plus some roughness.. ..It's hard to explain. You can't copy the original. Many times i'm lookin for some new things, but still love Jimi in the end.
Jimi is Jimi. SRV is SRV. No one will ever again will play the guitar like Hendrix did, but the same can be said about people like Tony Iommi, David Gilmour and Jimmy Page (past) and even Josh Homme, Adam Jones, etc. (present).

Sure, no one has been able to make masterful music look as easy as Jimi Hendrix did, but I think there are plenty of guitarists that are just as creative as he was. I just don't make a competition out of things- just look at it as one big meal with all the flavors complementing each other.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote