View Single Post
Old
02-04-2012, 12:59 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Explain to me how that works? Do you think the Kings will suddenly avg 40 shots a game with Carter? Carter will score the Kings 40 goals and no one else's numbers will dip?

I guess everyone doesn't get it but it should be common sense. With Carter in the line up when they are in the offensive zone Carter will shoot almost every time he gets the puck. Hence lowering the totals of his line mates. If his scoring percentage wasn't below average this would help the Kings but since it isn't it likely won't increase the teams offense.

The Kings are #10 in the NHL on shots on goal. The issue isn't getting pucks on net it's getting good shots on net. Carter is not a good shot player. He is exactly what they Kings are now, throw the puck at the net every possible chance and hope something good happens. Low percentage scorer.
I don't know or care how many shots they average. Carter isn't going to affect the scoring of the other Kings wingers though. He will be taking the minutes of whoever he's replacing (likely Penner and/or Stoll). Whoever is behind him will still get the same chances.

And if he lowers the numbers of his linemates, at this point i don't care. he still brings 30-40+ goals and that alone will make up for any drop he causes his linemates.

Frankly I wonder if you and SeventyX aren't the same posters. Say basically the same stuff about Carter as Flyers fans and you just joined the boards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i just heard on tsn that were interested in Kristian Huselius would this be a a good thing? 4.75 for the rest of the year but out with a groin pull most of this year?
I'd welcome him as a rental, but not open to signing him in the off-season unless he comes VERY cheap. If we thought Gagne was an re-injury risk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
FWIW Dreger reporting LA has interest in:

Hemsky
Carter
Huselius
MacArthur
Kulemin
The Oilers will want way to much for Hemsky and he's not really what we need, so unless DL lowballs Tambo a bit, no thanks.

Carter, yes, for the right price.

Huselius yes, and a low cost

MacArthur, no thanks. Burke will want a lot for that guy.

Kulemin sounds like the most realistic option out of Toronto given his struggles and our need to try something else as a scoring winger. And he's an RFA after the season, so we could walk away from him if we had too.