Thread: OT: Carter
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2012, 03:01 AM
db2011

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldFast13 View Post
I don't know how much of this is real or hearsay. I mean yeah I'm sure the guy's not HAPPY to be on this team this year or with this season but who would be? I think there's too many people that have jumped on the ***** Carter bandwagon. I'll believe it when I see it, as far as the rumors go, but personally I think we'd be stupid to get rid of him this quickly. As far as people griping about the lack of chemistry with Nasher, well I imagine that's something that comes with time on the ice which is something those two don't have a lot of due to injuries. If that chemistry never develops, fine run Carter on another line.
I'm glad to see this POV represented. I'm not above asking naive questions, so: how sure are we about the Carter on the trading block story? I know the Dispatch is running with that, but is there another source? I follow the Plain Dealer's coverage of the Browns, and a lot of comments there attribute the supposed lack of interest for resigning Hillis to the newspaper.

I mentioned it already in the Anaheim GDT, but I'd like to see another year with Carter on the team. If we can get a great return right now, I guess I'd consider it, but barring that, bring the fella back.

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote