View Single Post
Old
02-04-2012, 11:21 AM
yianik

vCash: 500
I am actually mixed about PG. In terms of hockey moves I think he has done fine. Yes he signed Markov to a 3 year deal but when he did, I assume the medical people, you know, the experts, said that Markov was coming along fine and should be good to go near the start of the season. I mean , I cant imagine people think PG was told that Markov wasnt recovering properly and that it was doubtful hed play this year, if ever, and that PG decided that was good enough for him to sign him to a 3 year deal. Not happy with Kaberle deal because my time frame is longer than PGs, who appears to have been under the gun to get the Habs into the play-offs, in which case the move made sense. Otherwise, the guy is the first GM in decades to get us the power forward the team has needed ( and we also grew our own finally ) in getting Cole, he has recognized the team needed to get bigger and made deals to get Blunden and Bourque.
My main beef with PG is his invisiblity and lack of character. When the fans treated Brisbois like crap, Gainey told them to shut up or stay home. Where is PG when PK is being ridiculed or his coach is being attacked for not speaking french ?
I am worried PG may make a bone headed short term move not because he is stupid,but because if he is fighting for his job, he , like mosy anybody would try to do something now.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote