View Single Post
Old
02-04-2012, 06:08 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
At the next home game, watch the scoreboard when the Jackets come out before a period. There you will see Jeff Carter giving his teammates encouragement before they hit the ice. My question is if he is doing that, how is he a cancer? How is he not a team player? I think the problem with Carter is not that he doesn't want to be here, I think it is team chemistry, and that finger points directly at Scott Howson. Carter is a good player, who hasn't meshed with Nash, who has been injured for most of the season, but when in the game and healthy he scores goals. He doesn't seem to be much in the defensive end, but he is a good player on a bad team.

I won't be upset if we trade him, it all depends on what we get back. But FWIW I don't think Carter is the issue here for the Jackets. A scapegoat, maybe, but he isn't the problem. Fix the defense and goaltending, there is our problem.
And you have to trade quality to get quality to do exactly that.

When you have Brassard, Johansen, MacKenzie, Jenner, Letestu, and Vermette (hopefully not for much longer), Carter is, as the Brits would say, a "surplus requirement." I can see a day relatively soon when Brassard, Johansen and Jenner are ALL better than Carter.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote