View Single Post
Old
02-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Ro Herregraven
Dutch hockey nut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
One thing I noticed while browsing Eliteprospects a while back was that there are 4 Dutch players playing NCAA D-I hockey right now, that puts them tied with Finland as the second most common European nationality. Only one of those four (Nardo Nagtzaam) seemed like an impact player on his team though, judging by the stats.
Mike Dalhuisen is most likely the best defenceman the Dutch National Team has, at the moment. It might not show by just looking at his stats, but I've seen him play at the 2010 World Championship in Tilburg and he was easily the most reliable D the Dutch team had.

Mitch Bruijsten is the current team top scorer of the University of Alaska-Anchorage. Alaska-Anchorage is not a high flying team, which may be the reason why his personal stats don't stand out so much. His older brother Kevin had a try-out with the Toronto Marlies recently and currently plays in the Dutch Elite League with Eindhoven. Their father Jan was the goaltender for the Dutch National Team during the bigger part of the eighties.

Ro Herregraven is offline   Reply With Quote