View Single Post
Old
01-10-2006, 10:57 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Flyers

Good to hear the guys will be back. If only Preems was back.
I know I'm going to get eaten alive for this, but I kind of hope Preems calls it a career. It's not that I don't like the guy, but they've been trying everything with him (medication, whirlpool treatment, eye focus exercises, tinted visor, balance exercises, etc.....) and he's still suffering from bouts of dizziness. The Flyers have been extremely patient in keeping a spot open for him and players refusing to take the C while he's out.

But, there comes a time when the team and the player have to decide whether or not things are working and right now, as long as the dizziness remains, things aren't working out. Maybe, for the sake of his health, Primeau should retire. It also menas that the team can get down to business, name a captain, and possibly look at a trade to fill his spot. Obviously, you can't replace Primeau and what he brought to the team. However, the team might be able to find someone who would be a great fit and try to replicate a portion of what Keith did. It's a damn shame that concussions are as bad as they are in the NHL. The league really needs to address the issue of padding and helmets because the pads are like getting hit by a brick and the helmets are useless.