Thread: Stickhandling
View Single Post
01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PensFan27 Send a message via Yahoo to PensFan27
Originally Posted by dbbourn
Don't know if that move is legal, but I think I may try it next time. Nothing else seems to work for me, so I guess I am no help to you.

Maybe take a look at the shootouts this year. One thing I tried this year was taking the puck really wide. Goalies don't seem to expect that. I scored by tucking it short side while the goalie was following me flying to the far side. My team asked me where I learned it and I said, "from watching the shootouts." I've seen Demitra bring it wide at least twice. Works for not so creative stickhandlers such as myself. You need A LOT of time though.
IMO the best thing to do is just take what the goalie gives you and come up with something on the spot. Usually works for me. If you want a pre-planned move that usually works try this. Come in 1 on 1 and fake a shot to freeze the goalie, go backhand then forehand to make the goalie kick out his pads and then shoot 5 hole. Almost every goalie will not have his stick there as he is trying to get post to post, and it should be an easy 5 hole goal. Works almost everytime unless your facing an amazing goalie, who ofcourse would know how to play that.