View Single Post
Old
02-04-2012, 10:09 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Malone for Bernier seems extremely unrealistic. I'm assuming that's just speculation on the 2 main guys involved in the deal?
I concur. LA lacks scoring right now and while Malone is decent offensively, he is in no way an answer to their offensive woes. Bernier is an extremely valuable asset that will probably be moved in the off-season at the earliest. If LA were to trade him, they'd want a goalie capable of relieving Quick in case he falters (Roloson?), a top 6 forward (Malone) and a draft pick. Also, I don't think we'd be good trading partners with LA since they're relatively close to the cap as it is and SFY isn't keen on trading away picks.

I see us having a better chance moving Malone to NSH for Blum and a pick. We might as well keep riding our goalie tandem as it is and try to improve our defence for the time being and wait until the off-season to find a long-term solution in net. Bernier would be an amazing option, but I doubt we trade for him unless it's a deal SFY can't refuse. Again though, Malone would be important for us if we do sneak in to the playoffs so maybe he won't be moved at all.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote