View Single Post
Old
02-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
The cheering is nicer than booing. At least there's some good natured kidding in this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I was not a fan of Brisebois...but for the life of me I just don't understand how you can boo a player on your team due to poor play and consider yourself a fan. It makes ZERO sense. I could understand if the player was a ******, didn't give any effort or was rude to the fans but besides that it makes no sense at all if you want that player to improve his performance. And that whole "I bought a ticket I have a right to boo" is some of the dumbest crap you can say. Jackie Robinson's hecklers said the same crap.
I don't boo my players either. It's one thing to criticize a GMs decisions on a message board, it's a whole other ballgame to boo your team at the game. I just don't have it in me to do this. That being said, I support the right for other folks to do so.

As for Jackie Robinson, it's a dishonour to bring him up in this conversation. We all know what his hecklers were all about it it has nothing to do this this conversation or one involving a blueliner who'd trip on his own blueline. Let's leave Robinson's detractors out of this because it's an extremely bad comparison.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote