View Single Post
Old
02-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
It's time to go shopping. Here's a list of players with expiring contracts who may or may not be dealt. These are all impending free agents who could help the Kings address their need for A) scoring and B) grit.

Top Six Options:
Zach Parise
Shane Doan
Alex Semin
Ales Hemsky
Kristian Huselius
Tuomo Ruutu
Ray Whitney
Andrei Kostitsyn
Mikhail Grabovski
Vinny Prospal
David Jones
Jiri Hudler
P.A. Parenteau

As you guys can see, there is a huge drop off in talent after Parise. I don't anticipate him being dealt at the deadline, and if the Kings miss out on him in free agency (which I expect to happen), then they are going to have to settle for Plan B.

Here's the list of bottom six forwards who can address the team's need for more offensive punch and for more grit and nastiness from the bottom two lines:

Bottom Six Options:
Paul Gaustad
Chris Kelly
Travis Moen
Jordin Tootoo
Torrey Mitchell
David Moss
Kyle Wellwood
Gregory Campbell
Frans Neilsen
Adam Burish
Dominic Moore
Taylor Pyatt
Daniel Paille
Daniel Winnik
Brandon Prust
Shawn Thornton
Daniel Carcillo
Joey Crabb
Tanner Glass

It's a mix of players who can provide offense from the bottom six and/or provide some more nastiness, two things the Kings need more out of those lines. The Kings need to play a more puck possession game from top to bottom, they can't rely on all of their offense from just two lines, nor can they risk having a bottom six that can't at the very least pressure the opposition in the attacking zone. I think the players listed above could help address that problem.