View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I don't know if everyone cheering for Gomez when he has the puck is cheering out of sarcasm or actually rooting for the guy. I feel that the majority of fans are cheering out of sarcasm. If thats the case then I'am disgraced to be a habs fan all standings/stats aside. Give the guy a ****ing break.

Sure he is extremely underachieving but wow I have never seen such a childish fanbase in my life. I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez ends up on suicide watch seriously. No wonder our team can't do squat because the media and fans are up everyones ass constantly and are gripping the sticks tight. I'm tired of this crap and tired of a bunch of classless fans whining and crying when one little thing doesn't go our way. NEWS FLASH: IT HAPPENS TO EVERY TEAM!..They can just overcome it for the most part. But since we dwell on everything it makes things impossible to overcome. The fans, and media is a joke. So much so that the fans sarcastically cheer for a man who is obviously depressed, pressured and feels horrible for his non production.

I'm not here to bash all fans just a small amount. And I'm here to bash all media because the Montreal media is a graveyard for players when they don't perform, No wonder when we trade players that underachieve they all of a sudden score 30.
If I don't produce I get fired..

I'm depressed. It's worse when the team has such a season.

He can afford to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. He can afford to see a psychologist and a psychiatrist. He can afford to suck keep his job and afford to see a psychologist and a psychiatrist and a nice Ferrari.

I can barely afford tickets and you can forget about me paying for therapy.

So I really can't feel bad for the guy if he's the best paid player in the Habs glorious history and can't even buy a goal.

Hey, if the pressure's too much for him, he can retire any day. He can get up in the morning and say to himself, "I've made like 50 million dollars in my hockey career... I can't stand the boo's because I can't score anymore. Maybe 50 million might just be enough money and I'll retire now and just spend my money at a nice beach somewhere on a beautiful warm topical island."

Look if Gomez was working 2 jobs to help put food on the table for his kids and he was depressed and people were teasing him at work, I'd understand. But the guy doesn't have to survive. He's set for life at the ripe age of 32. My retirement plan is freedom 99.

You can argue that booing doesn't necessarily motivate your team to win. But you can't argue that it hurts his little feelings. He can walk away any time he wants. If he chooses to keep playing through the boos to collect another 12 million, then it's a small price to pay for the money he makes for what he contributes to the team.

And to make one thing clear, I would take his place any day and get booed the entire season every time I touched the puck if I knew that at the end of the season all my debts where paid. But at the league minimum, I'd get a lot more than my debts paid off...

Gomez, BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote