Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 09:43 AM
STUTOMMIES

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
I am doing my gazintas again and figure that STU has one chance to make the playoffs: SFX and Dal split their two games, SFX and Dal both lose their remaining game and STU runs the table with three wins.
That will leave Dal with 19 pts, STU and SFX tied at 20 pts with STU holding the tie-breaker over the X-Men.
If Dal gets 20 pts, they hold the tie-breaker over STU.
Lets say that happens, unlikely, but it is possible. STU plays Saturday afternoon against PEI at 2 PM. STU wins and has twenty points. Dal and X play at 7 PM that night. One of those two teams are finished because of it and STU is hoping that X or Dal plays for pride/respect. After what I saw last night at the LBR, I don't think X will do that. Dalhousie...sure why not.

In regard to X's antics last night it was pretty bad but you could tell they were frustrated and disappointed with another loss to the last place team. Understandable really. I did want to point out the classy move Troy Ryan pulled.

X was playing out the rest of the game on the PK, most of it 2 men down with a 1:30 left. Ryan calls a time out. The only time I have seen this done, late in a game that is already won, is UNB against us several times. When the Squirrels do it they load the PP and pad the stats, all class. (Has anyone else seen UNB do this?) Ryan obviously told them to keep the puck on the perimeter, don't shoot on net, for the love of God don't get scored on and play out the clock. Why? Don't embarrass X and make the situation worse.

That pleased me as a hockey fan.