View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
The next time an UFA player (like Parise) will say NO to Montreal, you will say thank you to the idiots who booed Gomez and made a celebration because he didn't score in a whole year.

In life, your job, there will always be people who will work less and have a higher salary. S.T.F.U and DO to something else.

GET OVER IT.
It's not that serious. I'm sure a guy like Parise will understand that scoring ONE GOAL will prevent this from happening to him. These guys are professionals and they understand that playing in front of 20K people every game might have some repercussions if their level of play is far from being adequate for their salary. Stop making it seem like hockey players are precious little animals who should be shielded from any (well deserved) fan criticism.

The guy hasn't scored in a year and makes $7.5M. If any NHL player cannot understand why the fans are giving him that kind of reaction, they probably aren't that smart to begin with. Do a decent job and nothing of this will happen. This is a very extreme and rare case of possibly the most overpaid player in NHL history not scoring a goal for an entire calendar year. HE. DESERVES. SOME. KIND. OF. BERATING.

Have you seen clients giving an employee a hard time because their work was not up to par? I know I did. I've been on the giving and receiving end of such criticism. It's normal. Why shouldn't it be the same for hockey players? Sure, this might be a little over the top. However, Gomez's streak is also way over the top. As a fan of satire and sarcasm himself, I'm sure he gets it. He's surely not happy about it, but I'm sure he understands.

So yeah. Stop the dramatic overflows of concern for Gomez and our team attracting UFAs. Score one single goal in a year, and this won't happen. End of the story.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote