View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Super Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Dolo is a good example. SE16 is a great one, people have chiseled out the blades from the shaft.

There are a few ways shaft and blades can be joined. The most common way is simply shaft+blade with the fuse point either fastened with resins/glues (most low-end) or heat/pressure fused (like in the Dolo). Another way is called a 'spear' construction where the shaft extends to the heel of the blade. This construction is generally better performing and has better energy transfer properties than the former method and you'll see them in sticks like the CNT and the 9K Sickick III (iirc).

But what Pez says about it being true for only high-end OPS is right. The definition of 'True one-piece' is inconsistent. Some say that spear construction should qualify, others say absolutely no fuse point while others say the stick has to be made from a single mold.
Gotcha. I stand corrected. I've been fortunate enough to use only top of the line sticks for the past 5 years or so, so I'll use that as my excuse .

Super Dave is offline   Reply With Quote