View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Ollie Weeks

vCash: 500
Regarding the bottom 6, I've wanted Chad LaRose for a while now. Physical, tireless worker, and not scared to shoot the puck. I think he'd be a great sparkplug next to Loktionov and Lewis, and would somewhat address both needs of the bottom 6: grit and scoring. He's signed next season as well, CAP hit is 1.7, I think LaRose is well worth moving forward with.

We should also be gunning for Travis Moen. Not the greatest scorer but tons of size and veteran experience. Guy's been to the playoffs each of the past 6 years, made it out of the first round twice, won the the Cup once. He know where its at. In my warped mind he would be akin to the Freddy Modin pickup in terms of playoff experience. If not this season, over the summer.

Those guys are my favourite choices. Moving forward they'd oust Richardson and Hunter from their current spots in the lineup. Richie could be a spare, Hunter could go **** himself. LaRose/Loktionov/Lewis, Clifford/Fraser/Moen.

As for the top 6, Stoll and Penner are as good as gone and Gagne's a potato. It is time to stop dicking around. Jeff Carter is available? Trade for Jeff Carter. I don't care if he's handcuffing Lombardi's replacement's replacement. I'll likely be expecting the birth of my second child or some damn thing. Stop worrying that far into the future, there are problems NOW that shouldn't exist. A goal is a goal is a goal. The buck stops there.

***TL;DR: Carter and LaRose, please. Moen would be nice too.