Thread: Congrats Lupul
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Christ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
The trade worked out like an A for a salary dump.
But seanlinden still has a point. Beauchimen was the top leaf shutdown defender and losing Beauchimen has hurt the leaf GA no doubt. And the trade is especially poor that Schenn and Komisarek are underachieving after Burke gave them big contracts. I'd still do the trade but it cost the leafs a lot of turnovers and inability to clear the puck from the defensive zone.

Now if Burke managed to trade Komisarek for Gardiner and Lupul like wow A++.
At the time of the trade Schenn was our number one shutdown defender and Phaneuf was playing fantastic with his new partner Aulie. Beauch was valuable to us but losing him was not nearly as tramatic for the Leafs as you make it out to be. Honestly, I don't see any real negative impact from the move and both teams seem to have benifitted from it. The Leafs grant it seem to have done a bit better since the deal...

Losing Beauchimen did nothing to hurt the Leafs GA at the time of the deal. You may argue that this was the result of the play of Reimer who had just inherited the starting goaltender position but you cannot say that our GA was negatively impacted by the trade. Our GAA actually went down after the Beauchimen deal and it has stayed down despite some inconsistancies in team goaltending this season.

Schenn may have started the season poorly for the second year in a row but Gardiner and Liles have done wonders in improving our puck movement out of the zone. Not sure about your comment regarding additional turnovers in our own zone...never noticed anything of the kind myself. I remember several posters worried that our team would have problems with additional turnovers after Beauch left but I remember nothing of them actually occuring more often than in the past.

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote