View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 04:46 AM
zurg999

vCash: 500
Call Up Dagenais!

Of the Hamilton forwards last night, Dagenais earned the right to be called up before Plekanec, Balej or anyone else. Just one game I know, and only my own opinion.

As to being soft for his size, I think that is being coached out of him because last night he used his size and reach very effectively. His foot speed does seem slow, but certainly fast enough for the tempo last night, which I thought was fairly fast. His effort was there all night and he did all the work for one of his goals.

I'd be curious to see how he'd with another shot in the NHL. He might be one of those type of players who needed a few trips to the minors before getting the message that size and/or skill is not enough to make it (at least 99.9% of the time).

Right now we have too many small speedy forwards with good skills who can't win the position battles, and there are way too many young players on the Bulldogs who also fit that mold. I think he'd be great in front of the net, his reach is unbelievable, Andreychuk like. Don't get alarmed, I'm not comparing him directly to Andreychuk, just the way he can use his reach.