View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 05:03 PM
outofrange

vCash: 500
This game was disheartening. Again.

Honestly, I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that the team we were promised to have and cheer for the past few years ago is still very much a work in progress. This is just a poorly built team and it sucks that that's the case after so many years of enduring rebuilds and trying to find the missing pieces.

Fact of the matter is that DL needs to go and there needs to be an overhaul in personnel. He is too stubborn and set in his ways (too old school), and the team deserves better than that. The fans deserve much better.

I hope the Kings make it as an eighth seed and then are kicked out of the first round so we can have some changes happen. It sucks to think like that but realistically that's probably for the best.

No trades this season. Re-sign Quick as soon as possible in the offseason and see what others are willing to pay for a guy like Brown, Kopitar, Bernier and whatnot. We need competitive, driven winners here and the old squad isn't getting it done. It's that simple. The only guys I think that should be untouchable at this point are Quick (for sure), Richards (maybe - at least he's a leader in the post season), Doughty (still young enough to turn it around), Voynov (young and cheap), and Johnson (really has gotten his **** together which is great to see). Everyone else should be available for the right price.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote