View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 06:20 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Akeson continues to lead the Phantoms in pts w/ 35 (9 goals 26 assists) in 46 games. He has a 6pt lead over the second leading scorer on the team, Hamel. He's on pace for 16 goals and 45 assists for 62 pts in the AHL's 80 game season.
Give Akeson another full year in the AHL and he'll be ready. I'm not sure what position he's playing with the Phantoms, but he'll have to play on the wing with the big club and can easily see him on a line with either Schenn or Couturier.

I always liked the Akeson signing and thought he was one of the more underrated junior free agents they signed. Keeping him in Adirondack for two seasons is the ideal way to bring him along. He'll get to work on his skating and he'll be conditioned properly.

I know Akeson has been compared to Kris Versteeg, but from what I've seen with regards to Akeson, his overall game looks very similar to that of Adam Oates. He might not be the pure passer that Oates was, but he's got great vision. Once the skating is up to par, he'll be worth the wait.