View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 08:46 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Woh..... I can't fathom Sutes putting up 15-20 goals playing with KK instead of Weber. He plays great D; he handles the puck well, he skates well, he's a good passer but he's not an elite PP QB by any stretch. He's capable of putting the puck in the net, but more likely as he did last night in Philly than with his "shot".

Top 10 Dman probably, top 5 probably not.
I have a problem with using offensive stats to rank defensemen. To me, just because a defenseman has a lot of points doesn't make him amazing. Scoring is sexy and much appreciated, but mostly I want the defensemen to prevent goals and break the puck out of our zone well. Suter usually does a pretty amazing job at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I almost feel bad for Suter. The poor guy is stuck in a market with fans who, on the 16th sellout of the season, give him and the team an impromptu standing ovation. He has some scrub named Shea Weber as a D partner. And how the hell is he supposed to stay competitive with a perennial back-up like Rinne in net? Too bad this team isn't good enough to compete. Losing 2 of our last 16? Unacceptable. I can see where he's coming from. I pity him for being on a crappy team in a crappy market that can't be a contender.

Why is he not signing again?

I will laugh if he pulls a Kariya and signs with a "contender" then never sees the playoffs again. Doesn't he know how lucky he is to participate in the post-season every year? And we are thisclose to really threatening for a Cup...with players who are young enough to stay around for a good long while!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote