View Single Post
Old
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
We are not a lottery team, a lot of people don't understand this. Have a look at our GF/GA, right now we sit at -8. Now compare it to the teams around us, they range from the -20 to the -54. What this tells me is the habs are losing a lot of very close games and that is the sort of situation that can turn around in an instant depending on confidence alone. I believe this team had its confidence shattered early and never recovered. We should be in a 6th - 9th place right now or better and I fully expect that next year. This is going to be a one year problem.

This was the same problem we had for many years but usually we would win many close games, the tide turned eventually and now we have a lottery shot. Don't expect another because it isn't coming.

Most important move isn't going to be a roster player it is who our coach is. We get the right coach and we could easily win the division next year, all about confidence and respect. Martin/Cunneyworth don't instill those attributes in our players.
We are a lottery team. At this point we are anyway, no sense trying to deny it. Would we be one next year? If we came back with this roster next year I doubt it. I'm actually surprised that we aren't at least fighting for a playoff spot this year but I guess it is what it is.

The important thing to note here though is that even if we aren't a lottery team next year, we're also not a contender. That's why I think we should take this opportunity to rebuild. We might as well get it over with because if we do, I think we'll be better off in the long term going forward.

That's part of the reason why I want to get rid of Gauthier. I see no vision from him at all. I see a series of reactive moves designed solely for short term benefit. I mean Kaberle? Seriously? What does that do other than try to squeak us into 8th place this year? And how does adding a guy like that with his deal benefit us down the road? It doesn't.

Those kinds of deals might be good enough to squeak into the playoffs sometimes but that's not planning. That is not planning. It is reactive, panic driven moves that are motivated by fear not vision. We need a guy with a plan and he needs to execute. I don't see PG as that guy.

And it scares me to death that he might just be deseperate enough to go and pay top dollar for Jeff Carter. The guy only cares about saving his own skin now and the only way he thinks he can do it is via a window dressing trade. If he can just get 8th place, I'm sure he'll feel his job is safe. And I think he'll do whatever it takes to try to get there. That's why I don't want anything to do with him. I think he cares more about saving his neck than he does about the longterm success of our team. Get rid of this guy.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote