View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 06:23 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Ahhh, it was the refs fault the Rangers were dominated for the 2nd & 3rd periods.
John, I have not blamed the refs for the loss. However, ever since Messier ripped the refs a few years ago, the calls have been blatantly one sided. Not just in last night's game. During the game against the 'Canes, the refs, the calls were as one-sided as it gets. The Ranges were called for every little infraction, both real and imaginary. However, the 'Canes players committed obstruction all over the ice and nothing got called on them.
During the Philly game, there is no doubt that after a Hitch tirade, Philly completely outplayed us. The Rangers were outshot 21-6 after the first period. I do not think that anyone is denying that Philly got what they deserved and the Rangers got what they deserved. However, that does not change the fact that once again, the calls that were made or not made favored a team other than the Rangers. I was at the game. It may not have been apparent to you, but Fedoruk's leg on leg was similar to the hits that got Marchment his ten suspensions. It was in plain sight and pretty obvious. Yet no call was made. The diving call on Kovalev was the first time that I have ever seen a diving call get made on a slash. And a even more blatant example happened during the 2nd period. Kasperitis's stick was stuck in the skate of a Flyer player. They tried to untangle and while the stick was still stuck IN THE SKATE, the Flyer player two-handedly slashed Kasper. It happened right in front of 2 refs. It could not have been more blatant. Yet no call was made. Seemingly, the refs are looking for every reason to call a penalty on the Rangers and conviently turn their backs when a penalty is being committed against the Ragners. Seemigly, during games the Ragners are the only team committing obstruction penalties.