View Single Post
Old
02-06-2012, 07:53 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
So the fact that other goalies let up bad goals makes that second goal ok?
No, the fact the premier goaltenders allow those kinds of goals means it's not really a bad goal.

Did you watch the videos?

Quote:
We're focusing here on Bryzgalov, who happens to be our goalie. I don't think that we're asking for too much from him.
I think a lot of people are. When it's all boiled down and the fluff is stripped away, "we" want Bryz to cover up for the fact that our coach has NO IDEA of how to teach this team to play defense. NONE.

A lot of people here don't want to come to grips with that fact so they need to find someone else to blame.

Quote:
The first goal is a fluke, can't blame him. The fourth goal was a bad turnover -- it would have been nice if he had saved it, but I can't fault him for that. The second goal he needs to have for a multitude of reasons. The third goal I think he should have had as well. Bourdon made a bad turnover, but the puck stayed on the left side of the ice the whole time and Bryzgalov squared up to the shooter. Just got right through his legs.
I think I don't disagree with any of that. Except to say that if you watch that video of MAF you will see nearly the same exact goal as Gaborik scored yesterday on Bryz. Just because it trickles in doesn't mean it's a bad goal.

As for the 3rd goal, surely you want your goalie to stop that. But NHL players score from there, and five holes goals are not always bad goals.

Quote:
The shame of it is, he was playing a solid game up until 5 seconds left in the second.
"Stellar" would be more appropriate.

Quote:
A lack of mental toughness got him.
Maybe.

I think it is more not dealing well with being hung out to dry all game every game by an unprepared and undisciplined team.