View Single Post
Old
02-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Great thread guys! I'm coming for the Kings game 3/6. I'm visiting a friend in Atlanta and we are driving out from there. Don't let your wives and children out of the house.

Got a few questions:

1) I booked a room at the Best Western Music Row. Is that a decent area? The place gets good reviews so I'm thinking I'm ok. It was almost $100 cheaper than anywhere else. Also, is that walkable to the arena or should I plan to cab it?

2) How late are the bars open and are there any funny liquor laws like Jersey where you can't buy booze at a grocery store? In California we can buy beer/liquor at a gas station or just about anywhere. I just mention this because one of the first times I was in Jersey it took me a long time just to find some beer.

3) What are beer prices like? Will security pat me down? Staples prices are ridiculous so I usually smuggle in some vodka/whiskey in a water bottle. We have metal detectors but bringing a plastic bottle in is easy so I'm curious if that will be a problem.
I was over by the best western music row on saturday night and it is less than a 2 min walk to the gulch area, an area going through gentficiation right now. There are some higher scale restaurants over there if you want to check that out. This is also the area where the station inn is located at so I would suggest atleast walking by it.

Walking from there to the area will be a bit of a haul but it wouldnt ruin your night. As others have said go to flying saucer, most definitely if you're walking because you'll walk right by it from that direction.

edit:
Google maps says it's a 25 min walk from your hotel to the arena front door. I'd say walk there and cab it back.

Restaurants in the Gulch area: Sambuca, Cantina Laredo, Watermark, a sushi bar I forget the name of, and Yazoo Brewing Co.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote