View Single Post
Old
02-06-2012, 12:06 PM
tonyin318

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Hey Catbirds. I have to ask, how are you enjoying the Preds so far? Compared to past experiences?
I like the team, the players, the uniforms, the experience at games. I listen to the podcasts, read all I can, I'm learning the prospects names, I'm trying to piece together the history especially Poile's and Trotz's styles and m.o. 's. I like Pete Weber and Crispy, I like Tom Callahan (although he's no Dan Kamal )I love that they're winning.

I've made it to 3 games now, will be back on Feb 23 and probably one more regualr season game. Bought a hat, a sweatshirt, a tee shirt, got a license plate for Christmas. I've watched all but maybe 3 or 4 games on television, I listen to the games on the radio (Iphone app) when I can't watch..................

I like them, I mean really like them - alot - BUT I don't "love" them (yet) like I did the Thrashers.

For me, it's difficult to invest in the team when I can't come to the majority of games and quite a few practices, rookie camps, training camps, etc and actualy see the "boys" up close and feed off their energy, intensity, and desire in person. I 'm postiive that's it....I click over to the Jets games on occasion and find that I really couldn't care less about almost all the former Thrashers players. It's the whole process of "living" the season with the team that endears me personally. I'm trying to figure out how to capture that with the Preds..... It's all in place in my head, now just need it to move to my heart like the Thrashers did................... Maybe a good playoff run will help that process?

Sappy I know! But kinda theraputic.......still miss having a team here in the ATL!

GO PREDS!