Thread: Upshall
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2006, 08:59 AM
AdmiralPred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I just saw the transaction and came over here to get a read on what Preds fans think of Upshall. Complimentary or not, management has to start wondering if this was a wasted pick. Three seasons he's not been able to prove he's an NHL regular. It will be interesting to see if he can excel in Milwaukee, where his numbers were not really spectacular last year during the lockout.
Don't know if you'll read this thread again, but I have seen talk in this forum about pegging Upshall as a third liner. Obviously that is not what Preds management had in mind when he was drafted 6th in 2002. In Milwaukee, the buzz is, that he doesn't seem content to be there and feels he should be playing in the NHL regularily, that's only an opinion. However, in Milwaukee, his offense has been inconsistant, and he has taken some rather bad penalties at the worst times. In Nashville there is a glut of wingers that is keeping Upshall from the lineup, not to mention he is still free from waivers, so the risk of him being claimed isn't there thus making him the odd man out for the time being. I don't want to sound like I'm knocking the guy, because I think he is a really good player, maybe he just needs to be happy.