View Single Post
Old
02-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Oilers Chick
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I'll see if I can answer some player questions for you all (especially since I've seen them all). If I miss one, please forgive me and let me know.

Sustr: A very big kid that thrives in the physical game. He just loves to pound opponents. The problem is he needs to be smarter about it. What I mean here is that he has often taken himself out of plays to deliver those crushing checks. If he can pick his spots better, he'll be even more effective. Not the prettiest skater, but gets around the rink well. He can fire the biscuit too, although he is not very accurate (yet).

Pereira: He's one of favorite undrafted players out of Hockey East and frankly I'm surprised that he wasn't drafted when he was eligible. Terrific speed, hands and vision. He's just a lot of fun to watch. He's also very good in supporting his team's defensive corps as well.

Zengerle: Aside from Justin Schultz, Zengerle has been Wisconsin's best and most consistent player. Great playmaker with really nice hands. He does a good job of threading the needle (read that passing to teammates). He'll score goals, but if he sees that it's better to make a pass than shoot, he will. He's just smart that way. His skating is also very good.

Young: I've been high on this kid since I first saw him with UNO last season. Great, powerful skater. Has poise with the puck and moves it really well. He also doesn't mind getting his nose dirty. Unlike Sustr, Young is smarter about when he wants to make those big hits. He sees time on UNO's PP too. I guess he could best described as a solid puck-moving defenseman.

Laleggia: Someone asked about his skating. He's very quick. He's kind of a little water bug out there when he's skating up the ice with the puck. Can dart through (and around traffic). But he's also on the small size (about 5'9" or 5'10"). He's really fun to watch and his puck-moving skills are pretty darn good.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote