View Single Post
Old
02-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Scoopyten

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Supposedly 5+ mil top tier goalie who has below a .900 sv% and close to a 3.00 GAA is going to get that.

With almost the same exact defense as last season (with Timonen who has played better and Carle who has looked worse) we had better goal-tending by Boucher and Bobrovsky than with Breezy. Same defense. Same coach. Only difference is we lost Carter/Richards, but gained a slew of other forwards, like Read/Talbot/Couturier who are good defensively. Honestly, the excuses are running out. We saw the same type of goals last season go in on Boucher and Bobrovsky, and people attacked them. Some here though, who attacked those goalies, seem to be defending Breezy from the same type of goals he is letting in. This time its the defense's fault though.
Bryzgalov has struggled, sometimes mightily.

I wasn't aware that I made any excuses for him. He absolutely needs to play better. I doubt anyone, even his most ardent fan would admit that.

As far as others making excuses for him, that's on them. I think that he's had the worst case of luck I have seen a goalie have and it's really affected his game. It has him guessing rather than using fundamentally strong approaches. A questionable goal immediately has him feeling off his game.

That run of bad luck, combined with the shaky defense and lack of familiarity has really snowballed on the guy. He didn't suddenly forget how to play at a high level, but he needs work on his mental approach and fundamentals