View Single Post
Old
02-06-2012, 04:58 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
my quote button is not working?

I would be mildly suprised to see Kane get a long term deal this summer (4 years). My guess is that TNSE will try to get Evander into a two year deal this summer in the same way they did a deal with Bogo this past summer for 2 years. either way he is a RFA for four years so we have options in the future and in the mean time we can pay market rate.
The 2 year prove your worth contract is a very conservative approach, and definitely has a place in team planning, but it has some major draw backs if it is utilized all the time. With the Cap teams need be willimg to role the dice on some of their young players and lock them up long term. If you sign all your young players to short term contracts, you run the risk of all of them improving and being able to demand a lot of money on their third contract (i.e. have to buy more ufa years, they are eligable for arbitration) See Nashville with regards to their predicament with Weber and Suter. If we sign Kane to a short term contract we will have all of Kane, Wheeler and Bogo up for new contracts within a year of each other and its looking like Bogosian amd Wheeler will be in for sizable raises if they keep developing as they have this year.

Kane has improved every year and I feel he would be a good bet to live up to a long term contract.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote