Old
02-06-2012, 09:16 PM
shawn1331

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
One more to add:

Go on a hockey road trip

Would be fun to go on a long road trip with a few friends, just generally visiting/travelling, and playing pickup games wherever they can be found along the way, both outdoors and indoors. Would be a fun way to meet people while travelling too.
That would be awesome yeah! aha I'm at the age where I'm still very young and hoping to do a little traveling when I get out of highschool. We want to go to Utah or Alaska to dirtbike and snowmobile respectively of course, but we might just bring our hockey bags along for a few games of shinny on the way!

Yeah I play a league now with no contact so fights are far and few between

I remember one time when I was about 9 I went to my cousins game. He played in major midget so this would have been 2002-03 and they were aloud to fight. I mean they still got penalties and a game suspension but they would take off their helmets and have at er. The refs would break it up eventually but I guess they figured they didn't want to get in between and catch a fist to the jaw. But, this game I remember their captain got railed from behind and stood up ripped the guys helmet off, took his off and proceeded to beat the living crap out of the other kid. His knuckles were chewed up from hitting the helmet a couple times but I'll never forget the amoiunt of blood on the ice from the other kids face.

I just can't beleive that was less than 10 years ago, it's amazing.

shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote