View Single Post
Old
02-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I was indifferent about the Grabovsky trade....I did think he didn't get much of a shot but at the time I had no issue with the trade.

The Lapierre trade pissed me off because he was still a very effective player and we got rid of him because a coach who wasn't going to last anyways drove him out of town. Plus the return was awful. We still haven't replaced him either.

Ribeiro I understood the move, but didn't quite understand why Gainey moved a good centerman for a dman who was on the decline. Good centermen don't grow on trees, yet we discarded one for virtually nothing. Awful deal.

Sergei was an awful move. Martin drove away another effective player. How did Pyatt make the team ahead of him? No wonder he was pissed. Anyways, the return was pathetic.

Guillaume clashed with the caoch again...common theme isn't it? Liked him because he was one of the few guys who played physical. He also had talent and was coming off a pretty good season playing with Lapierre. The deal for Pouillot was OK.

People would not complain about these deals if they weren't just random panic moves. All of these deals..what do we have to show for them? a 5th round pick.

Ribeiro, Lapierre, Grabo, Sergei, Guillaume would all look good on this team right now.
Damn... I agree with everything you said!

I don't get the management. Draft good players, not take care of them, trade them for nothing.

Then Grabovski almost score 30 goals with Leafs, Sergei with the most points in his team, Latendresse scores 25 goals in 55 goals with Wilds, Lapierre in Stanley Cup finals.. But apparently they weren't good enough, or have attitude problem, or coach doesn't like them etc.. The sad thing is that we didn't get anything in return for them.