View Single Post
Old
02-06-2012, 11:14 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I would have absolutely no issue if the Leafs traded for Nash. That contract isn't as scary as people make it out to be, and he's good enough that in a new environment he would be worth it. If not, its worth a gamble that the new collective bargaining agreement will have more options to deal with bad contracts, or even a salary roll back similar to the last deal. That kid would come alive in Toronto.

If Toronto has enough to be the winning bid for Nash, I don't know. They probably want a goalie, and we have two that are playing pretty damn well right now. We also have a couple guys in the minors who could be close to being ready soon, meaning we could offer one of Reimer or Gustavson. They'd probably want a replacement on the wing, so one of Kulemin or MacArthur would fit the bill nicely. Because Nash is an elite allstar player who has many good years ahead of him, you'd need to sweeten the deal with a defenceman like Schenn or Franson. Throw in a top prospect or two like Kadri/Biggs/Percy/Colborne along with whatever draft picks, and the Leafs could make a good package that they could afford to give up.

Gustavson
Kulemin
Schenn
Kadri
Percy
1st round pick

Is this a good enough package? I think its a pretty big price to pay, but probably a fair deal worthy of a talent like Nash. I also think the Leafs could reasonably afford to pay it, more than LA, Chicago, or Vancouver could.
Needs more.

Jeez. You could probably get away with Kulemin/Kadri+Schenn.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote