Old
02-07-2012, 12:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Those are the specific reasons that annoy me because they really aren't reasons at all. Especially the New York thing. Who cares that he played for New York? Who cares that he's a Manning? These are not things that make him better than anyone else. They are in no way related to his ability.

The 40,000 yard thing is at least related to his ability, but 40,000 yards isn't exactly what it used to be. There are going to be a lot of guys that are in that area or eclipse it completely if the league continues to favor the offense more and more. Right now we're in the NFL's equivalent of the NHL's 80's as far as QB's are concerned.

Mcnabb for instance would be right there now if he hadn't fallen off a cliff this season. No one is going to be clamoring for him to be in the Hall, but if he had won a Super Bowl in one of those years I'm sure there would be. To me that just doesn't make sense.
So, if 40,000 is a drop in the bucket, what do you think HOF voters are going to weigh when they discuss Kerry Collins vs. Eli Manning?

McNabb might have gotten there, but he didn't. And he never won a Super Bowl. And it's not because he kept getting hurt. He simply wasn't good enough long enough to get to those levels. Quarterback play is so good now, that there isn't any room for if's, and's, or but's.

And New York matters. It's New York. They make it matter. That's what makes them New York.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)